Comfort Keepers Mansfield, TX
2364 Highway 287 N. Ste. 117
Mansfield, Texas 76063
Provides general attention to clients’ non-medical needs in accordance with an
established Plan of Care.
· Provides companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening,
reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promotes the client’s mental
alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Provides emotional support and
promotes a sense of well-being.
· Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members.
Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client’s garments and linens.
· May prepare and serve meals as directed. Ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen
is clean after each meal.
· Assists client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompanies
client on walks, community trips, doctor’s office, bank, beauty salons, etc.
· Reminds client to take self-administered medications.
· Observes and reports any changes in the client’s mental, physical, or emotional
condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
· Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with
clients, family members, and co-workers.
· Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client
conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
· Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely
manner according to policy.
· Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
· Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
· Other reasonable related duties as assigned.
Client home setting and automobile. Contact with blood or other body fluids may pose a risk for
exposure to blood borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
The work requires light physical exertion on a regular and recurring basis, such as driving,
assisting client in activities, and light housekeeping. Regularly required to stand sit, walk, talk,
see and hear. Occasionally required to reach and lift.
Minimum of ninth grade education; high school diploma or GED preferred. Must demonstrate
satisfactory completions of any stated mandated training. Applicant must be bondable and
meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal
Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference
Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must have reliable
transportation and fulfill assignments with reliability and punctuality. Must have a valid driver’s
license and automobile insurance.
Must satisfactorily complete Comfort Keepers training and orientation program. Must accept
responsibility for learning and adhering to Comfort Keepers policies and procedures, be able to
function in the home setting with minimal direct supervision and maintain satisfactory
relationships with administrative staff, clients, and family members.
Must be genuinely concerned about helping people and have high moral standards of honesty