Dementia Care and Alzheimer's Care From Comfort Keepers in Rapid City, SD and the Surrounding Areas
We can offer specialized dementia care and Alzheimer's care for your loved one at home in Rapid City
Providing dementia care and Alzheimer's for a loved one in the home can be physically and emotionally draining. We understand the challenges faced by family caregivers and can help ease the burden. Comfort Keepers in Rapid City, SD provides customized in home care services for clients who are experiencing symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer's disease. Our Comfort Keepers are specially trained and ready to help.
What is Dementia Care?
In general, dementia is a decline in mental ability, such as memory loss or an inability to complete familiar tasks, serious enough to interfere with a person's daily life. Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia, accounting for 50 to 80 percent of dementia cases. Our care services help people with these symptoms by focusing on their remaining abilities and strengths, while assisting with tasks that have become difficult for the client to perform.
How We Can Help
Our Comfort Keepers® are specially trained in dementia care and Alzheimer's care will:
- help maintain a safe environment for the client.
- engage the client in activities that can stimulate the senses, such as music.
- provide meals and bathing assistance.
- support the client and family through the changing behaviors often seen with dementia.
We customize our in-home care to meet each client's special needs, taking into consideration his or her health and ability. Depending on the client's needs, Comfort Keepers in Rapid City, SD can provide full-time, in-home care. Through our 24-hour services, a team of Comfort Keepers coordinates caregiving responsibilities in shifts. This offers clients and their families full-time peace of mind.
Call us today at (605) 277-1870 for more information on dementia and Alzheimer's care!
Long Term Care Insurance Providers We Accept:
- AARP Long-Term Care Insurance
- Mutual of Omaha
- Genworth Financial
- State Farm Mutual
- Thrivent Long-Term Care Insurance
- National Guardian Life Long-Term Care Insurance
- Northwestern Mutual Long-Term Care
- Transamerica Long-Term Care Insurance
- Bankers Life and Casualty Long-Term Care Insurance
- Met Life Long-Term Care Insurance
- John Hancock Long-Term Care Insurance
- Prudential Long-Term Care Insurance
- UNUM Long-Term Care Insurance
- CNA Long-Term Care Insurance