Elderly Care at Home Can Help Aging Veterans or Widows of Veterans
See if you or a loved one qualifies for the Special Pension Benefit
Is your veteran or widow of a veteran aged 65 and over and in need of elderly care services? If so, the Veteran's Aid and Attendance program be able to help.
If a veteran or widow of a veteran are incapable of self-support, in need of regular personal assistance, and have financial need, they may qualify for this lifetime benefit. The benefits may also apply to couples, but both spouses must meet the criteria to be eligible. The benefits can be used to pay for care at home in Oreland, PA, and surrounding areas.
Give us a call at (267) 293-7434 to learn more!
What are the basic requirements to qualify for this benefit?
- Veteran and/or widow must be age 65 or over
- If the veteran has passed, the widow cannot have remarried after the passing
- The veteran must have served at least 90 days of active military service one day of which was during a period of war. VA specifies the specific dates and years that are considered war time
- The veteran was discharged under any condition other than dishonorable
- Veteran or widow must be in need of personal care services such as assistance with feeding, showering, dressing, toileting, etc
- Financial need is calculated by adjusting for un-reimbursed medical expenses from the veteran's or surviving spouse's total household income. If the remaining income amount falls below the annual income threshold for the benefit, the VA pays the difference between the claimant household income and benefit threshold
The Special Pension Benefit can provide the veteran or the surviving spouse with over $1000 a month, or if they qualify as a couple, over $2000 a month. This benefit can be used to pay for Comfort Keepers elderly care. The VA also provides other services such as respite care for when you need a break, adult day care services, medical alarms, and much more. The only benefit available for spouses is Special Pension.
Contact Us Today
Choose the Best of Home Care Provider of Choice 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013 to provide care at home in Oreland and the surrounding areas. Also named the 2016 Leader in Excellence - only 4.2% of home care agencies nationwide achieve this prestigious award! Providing in-home care is not a task or a job for us, it's our mission to treat every person as if he or she was a member of our own family.
For more information about our care at home services, contact us online or call us at (267) 293-7434. Comfort Keepers in Oreland, PA, is here to provide you with the elderly care your loved one needs.