Aging Veterans or Widows of Veterans Benefit: Special Pension Aid and Attendance
Veteran's Outpatient Clinics in Springfield, PA and Spring City, PA - for information click on "Community Clinics" HERE.
Is your veteran or widow of Veteran in need of private duty home care in King of Prussia? Does he or she live in Alzheimer's Care Facilities in Narberth, Newtown Square or Willow Grove? Have you been looking for a home care assistant in Villanova or Garnet Valley? If so, the Veteran's Aid and Attendance program be able to help.
Are you a Veteran or widow of Veteran aged 65 and over? If so, you might be eligible for the Special Pension Benefit. Benefit may also apply to couples but both spouses must meet the criteria to be eligible. Benefit can be used to pay for senior in home care in Plymouth Meeting, Dresher, Audubon and the surrounding areas.
The Aid and Attendance Benefit and Housebound Benefit are considered Special Pension and those Veterans or widows who are over age 65, are incapable of self support and in need of regular personal assistance and have financial need may qualify for this lifetime benefit.
What are the basic requirements to qualify for this benefit?
- Veteran and/or widow must be age 65 or over.
- If Veteran has passed the widow cannot have re-married after the passing.
- The Veteran must have served as least 90 days of active military service one day of which was during a period of war. VA specifies the specific dates and years that are considered war time.
- The Veterans discharged under any condition other than dishonorable.
- Veteran or widow must be in need of personal care services such as assistance with feeding, showering, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Financial need is calculated by adjusting for un-reimbursed medical expenses from the veterans or surviving spouse total household income. If the remaining income amount falls below the annual income threshold for benefit the VA pays the difference between the claimant house hold income and benefit threshold.
This Special Pension Benefit can provide the Veteran or the surviving spouse with over $1000 a month. If they qualify as a couple, over $2000 a month.
This benefit can be used to pay for Comfort Keepers in-home senior care services. The VA also provides other services such as Respite for when you need a break, Adult Day Care Services, Medical Alarms and much more for Veterans. The only benefit available for spouses is Special Pension.
Choose the Best of Home Care Provider of Choice 2016,,2015, 2014, 2013 to provide in home assisted living East Norriton, King of Prussia, Glenside, Audubon or the surrounding areas. Also named the 2016 Leader in Excellence - only 4.2% of home care agencies nationwide achieve this prestigious award! Providing in-home care is not a task or a job for us, it's our mission to treat every person as if he or she was a member of our own family.