Comfort Keepers Wilmington, NC
219 Racine Drive, Suite A2
Wilmington, North Carolina 28403
Interactive Caregivers and Personal Care Aides - Hampstead/TopsailHealthcare / Hire Posted 3 months ago place Hampstead, NC 13364240
Interactive Caregivers and Personal Care Aides – Hampstead/Topsail
Comfort Keepers has an immediate need for experienced, interactive caregivers to join our Interactive Care Team. At Comfort Keepers, we are seeking compassionate individuals with a heart for caring for others and providing a one-on-one caregiving experience that only a Comfort Keeper can provide. Our caregivers are expected to present themselves professionally and positively, and engage our clients in the caregiving experience.
As a Comfort Keeper, you are there to perform Activities of Daily Living WITH our clients rather than FOR our clients. We are seeking individuals with a knack for engaging seniors emotionally, socially, and mentally and preventing hospitalization and/or long-term facility placement.
We seek individuals with flexible availability for part-time shifts in all areas of New Hanover County. One of our greatest needs is in the Hampstead/Topsail area. While all positions begin as part-time, those with flexible availability and a proven ability to engage our clients and provide remarkable service, often achieve full-time status within a short time (if you so desire).
Must have your own reliable transportation and valid driver's license. Must be willing to work two weekends per month (primarily morning hours) if needed. Bi-weekly pay. We conduct extensive background checks, including drug testing. Offers of employment will only be made to those who convey the utmost professionalism and compassion, a clean background, and a true desire to help those in need. Excellent attendance and reliability are crucial.
If you have what it takes to represent one of the best in-home care providers in the area, we encourage you to apply below online or call our office directly at (910) 342-9200 Mon-Fri between 9am - 5pm
- Performs duties as assigned on the personalized Plan of Care.
- Helps clients with approved personal care activities, including bathing, dressing, toileting, grooming, and oral hygiene.
- Helps provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment by performing light housekeeping tasks and helping with laundry.
- Helps client meet nutritional needs by planning and preparing meals, grocery shopping and cleaning the dishes and kitchen.
- Helps the clients with ambulation and transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds clients to take self-administered medications.
- Observes and reports any changes in the Client's mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation, to immediate supervisor.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members and co-workers.
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Successful completion of any state-mandated training . CNA not required.
- Must meet or exceed the minimum qualifications for required background checks. We do not hire individuals who have been charged or convicted of a crime.
- Unrestricted driver's license and clean driving record.
- Reliable transportation and valid automobile insurance.
- Able to follow spoken and written instructions and document services provided.
- Able to function independently in the home setting with minimal direct supervision.
- Able to maintain satisfactory relationships with clients, family, and team members.
- Able to stand, sit, walk, reach, kneel, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Paid Time Off
- Direct deposit
- Direct support from office personnel
- Paid Training
- Formal Ongoing Training Program
- Online Program/App for managing schedules and client needs
- Ability to work one-on-one with client