Living Assistance Services in Tryon, NC offered by Comfort Keepers
Comfort Keepers offers living assistance services to help your loved ones prevent or deal with the reduced vision
Seniors that are 65 years or older are living in their golden years, but that does come with some health risks. Over 3 million seniors in American have been dealing with either eye diseases or vision loss. The loss of vision may gradually come with aging, but there are preventable steps that you can take to slow down the process and to continue to live at home independently.
Vision loss is a top concern with aging adults as they do not want to depend on other family members to help them out. The declining loss of vision can result in the loss of independence at home and even lowering the quality of their life because of limitations.
To help your loved ones out, our living assistance team has put together a list of five steps to take to prevent vision decline:
- Schedule an annually optometrist visit to check the following:
- Measuring sight at carrying distances
- Widening the pupil using eye drops, to help see if there are signs of eye disease
- Measuring fluid pressure within the eyes
- Ultraviolet light, coming from the sun, can be harmful so make sure to wear sunglasses while outside
- There is a strong correlation between smoking and eye disease, so either do not smoke or take steps to begin quitting smoking
- After checking with your doctor, start to make small dietary changes to include these following: antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids, vitamins A and C, and magnesium. There is also a strong correlation between sugar intake and eye disease, so be aware of your sugar intake
- If you are experiencing eye problems or vision loss, contact the eye doctor as soon as you can
Living Assistance Services from Comfort Keepers Can Help
Our caregivers are equipped with companion and personal care training to assist seniors to live at home. Comfort Keepers living assistance services include, but not limited to the following: daily housekeeping chores, mobility assistance, nutrition management, and even transportation services. To learn more about how Comfort Keepers' living assistance services can provide assistance, either contact us through the website or call us at (828) 436-1994.