In Home Care in Yorktown Heights, NY
Compassionate care for your loved one right at home
Learning that your loved one has a progressive or incurable condition can be overwhelming. In an effort to spend as much quality time as possible with senior loved ones, many families start looking for in home care solutions that allow aging parents or relatives to spend whatever time they have left in the comfort of their own home. Most seniors diagnosed with terminal illnesses would prefer to remain at home, surrounded by their nearest and dearest and in a familiar environment filled with precious memories.
Comfort Keepers in Yorktown Heights, NY, understands how difficult it can be to care for a loved one with a limited life expectancy. That is why we offer specialized care plans that are not just tailored to meet your loved one’s needs but also enable you to take an active role in their care. Our uplifting, expert caregivers can provide assistance with many daily activities and tasks, giving you ample time to spend with your loved one doing the things you both love.
Our in home care services typically include:
- Light housekeeping, including cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, vacuuming, dusting, and mopping, organizing closets and cupboards, and more
- Laundry at home or the local laundromat, as well as ironing and folding clothes
- Meal preparation, with an emphasis on healthy, nutritious meals that are in accordance with doctor’s recommendations
- Errand running, including shopping for groceries, picking up prescription medications at the local pharmacy, picking up mail from the post office, and more
- Companionship and meaningful conversation
Our In Home Care Providers Are There For Family Members, Too
What makes our in home care program stand out is that our caregivers can also provide assistance to family members throughout this difficult period. By allowing our care aides to help you out with daily chores and tasks, you and other family members can have more quality time to spend with your loved one. By taking on some of your responsibilities, our caregivers also allow you to take some time for yourself and prepare for what’s to come.
At Comfort Keepers, we also understand that there is still much to do after the passing of a loved one. That is why our in home care experts continue to provide support following the death of a family member or close friend. Our caregivers can help you organize personal items such as clothes, and move them. We can also offer comfort to anyone who just needs someone to talk to while grieving.