Your Loved One is Not an Important Thing, They are Everything!
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
Alzheimer's and Dementia Care in Bayside, NY
After a loved one is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or dementia, families are often faced with difficult decisions on how to properly care for them. Each day can be a challenge as your loved one endures confusion, disorientation, memory loss, and changes in behavior. These changes not only affect the person suffering from dementia but their friends and family as well. Oftentimes, nursing homes and memory care centers seem to be the only options. However, there is another choice, and Comfort Keepers of Bayside can help.
When Is It Time For Home Care?
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be a heavy burden, and it is often difficult to decide when extra help is needed. If you find your loved one showing any of the following signs, home care may be a beneficial option:
- Memory loss that disrupts daily activities
- Difficulties planning or solving problems
- Confusion with time or place
- New problems with speaking or writing
- Misplacing items and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Wandering and forgetting how they arrived there
- Social isolation or lack of social engagement
- Changes in mood or personality
How Comfort Keepers Can Help
Comfort Keepers' in-home care makes it possible for those coping with Alzheimer’s or dementia to age in place. Research has shown that familiar home surroundings play an important role in the well-being of those affected with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our specialized care services ensure that our clients are able to remain in the space where they are happiest and most comfortable. Our dementia care services can be customized to fit the unique needs of each client and include some of the following:
- Personal care such as bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Medication reminders
- Engagement in meaningful activities
- Maintaining a safe and clean home environment
- Preparing nutritious meals
- Transportation to appointments and errands
- Constant monitoring and providing overall companionship
To learn more about our services or to schedule a complimentary in-home consultation, call Comfort Keepers of Bayside at (516) 328-7100 today!