Your Loved One is our Top Priority - Safer at Home.
We simplify the process for you:
Virtual or In-Home Assessment
Care Plan Creation with the Client Care Coordinator
Assigned a Care Team
24-Hour Home Care New Hyde Park, NY
At Comfort Keepers of New Hyde Park, our team offers certified, experienced home care that aligns with each client’s individual needs. In addition to temporary care for surgical recovery or acute illnesses, we also provide full-time, 24-hour care that allows seniors to age-in-place, without the need for stressful transitions into nursing homes or other living facilities. This also allows our caregivers to take round-the-clock shifts, ensuring that our clients are safe, comfortable, and well-cared for, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Difference Between Live-In and 24-Hour Care
Both of these programs are much better alternatives to a nursing home because they allow seniors to continue living at home and receive the care they require 24/7. However, as live-in care is different than the 24-hour care we offer here, there are a few distinguishable factors you should be aware of.
For live-in care, designated caregivers must be provided with a bedroom or private space for sleeping. There are generally one or two caregivers who are required to take an 8-hour break between shifts, allowed to sleep at night, and must comply with local labor laws, which can mean periods where the client is unattended. Live-in care is best for clients who are not prone to wandering and who can sleep through most of the night without being at risk for falls.
24-hour care ensures there is a caregiver present and available 24 hours a day. This typically utilizes three or four different caregivers within each 24-hour period. Since a caregiver will always be awake to assist your loved one, there is no requirement for a place to sleep. 24-hour care is best for those who are restless sleepers, at high risk for falls or are prone to wandering.
Signs Your Loved One May Require 24-Hour Care
Seniors are not always honest about their challenges when living alone. Your senior loved one may not want to trouble you about their health issues, or they may fear being forced to move out of their home. If you notice any of these signs, it may be time to suggest 24-hour home care as a good option.
- They suffer from sundowner’s syndrome, putting them at risk during nighttime hours.
- They sometimes become lost or not know where they are within familiar neighborhood boundaries, or while on routine outings.
- They experience nighttime incontinence that is difficult to manage on their own.
- You notice increased confusion or disorientation due to dementia or Alzheimer’s.
- Their decreased mobility makes them more prone to fall accidents.
- They require assistance with eating or drinking.
- A physician provided a recommendation, post-operative instructions, etc.
- You observe an increased bruising or other injuries that indicate falls.
Our 24-Hour Care Services in New Hyde Park, NY
Our dedicated, compassionate caregivers are carefully selected and complete ongoing training. Examples of how they can assist your loved one in meeting their basic daily needs include:
- Constant monitoring, conversation, and overall companionship
- Assisting with personal care such as bathing, dressing, and toileting
- Provide medication tracking and reminders
- Prepare nutritious meals and can assist with feeding
- Light housekeeping to maintain a safe and cleanly environment
- Transportation to appointments and errands
For questions about our services and the care we provide, contact Comfort Keepers of New Hyde Park at (516) 328-7100 today! We look forward to hearing from you!