Senior Care is a Family Issue: Elderly Home Care in Ann Arbor, MI
Comfort Keepers provides elder home care for seniors and older adults in Ann Arbor, MI and the surrounding areas
As people get older, their ability to take a proper care of themselves diminishes. In turn, they can become very vulnerable, both physically and mentally; however, not many of them are willing to admit that. Instead, they soldier on, struggling to cope with the challenges posed by daily living; they continue doing that until there’s no other solution but to ask help. And more than ever, seniors need the support and love of family members.
Research has shown that more than 80% of senior Americans wish to spend their golden years in the comfort of their own home. The problem is that if their physical and mental condition diminishes, living alone stops being a viable option and elderly home care becomes one. Seniors often have difficulty expressing their needs, desires, and preferences, so they must have someone to advocate for them. And who is more qualified for that than the people who know them better than anyone else in the world?
What Should I Consider?
In choosing the most appropriate care for a senior loved one, there are a number of decisions to make and questions to ask.
- How do I begin speaking with my parent about their elderly home care needs?
- How will the care be funded?
- What is the safest, most comfortable, most appropriate care option for my parent?
- Is a family member nearby who can be of assistance at a moment's notice?
- What types of help does my parent need -- for instance, bathing, eating, transportation, etc.?
- How do my parent's religious affiliation and other personal preferences influence the type of care we choose?
- What types of senior care are available? How do they differ?
- And how does each one address my parents' needs?
To help find the senior care solution most appropriate for your parents, you may consider having their physician conduct an evaluation.
The goal is to improve the quality of life and help seniors to maintain their independence for as long as possible. Comfort Keepers delivers essential personal care, companionship, and housekeeping services − and it is Interactive Caregiving™ that caregivers and clients believe makes all the difference.
Our caregivers work closely with seniors to provide elderly home care. This allows them to remain in their homes for as long as possible. It also ensures they are well taken care of, from grooming to household chores. Having our caregivers in your home is an excellent way to balance the wants and needs of aging seniors.
It takes a family working together to choose the most appropriate elderly home care options for a loved one's well being -- to make sure all the senior's needs and wishes are addressed.