Nurse Supervisor - Alpharetta, Duluth, Johns Creek, Norcross Experience the Joys and Rewards of Being a Comfort Keeper
The Nurse Supervisor will perform client assessments and develop an appropriate plan of care for each client. Duties will also include caregiver supervision, training and ensuring adherence to the client plan of care. The Nurse Supervisor will work collaboratively with the Administrator/Owner and other disciplines to ensure quality of service.
Provides supervision and medical oversight to ensure that clients whose health status is deemed medically frail or medically fragile are being served effectively and safely and supervises all such client care and services.
- Conducts face-to-face initial evaluation of clients within two business days of initial referral
- Assesses, evaluates, and monitors clients’ needs, current status, and environment
- Conducts face-to-face supervisory visit every 45-60 calendar days
- Ensures services are delivered appropriately and safely as indicated on the client care plan
- Implements appropriate interventions
- Reviews, signs, and dates all entries in client clinical record made by non-licensed staff
- Conducts in-home supervisory visit at least once per year to observe and monitor the in-home performance of the Personal Care Assistant who provides care to the client
Initiates, reviews, and revises Client’s Care Plan
- Initiates client’s care plan within two days of initial client evaluation
- Ensures client’s care plan identifies specific physical, mental, and social health problems/needs
- Lists personal care tasks needed on client’s care plan
- Reviews, signs, and dates client’s care plan at least every supervisory visit
- Reviews Level of Care and Placement Instrument at each supervisory visit
- Revises client’s care plan as needed
- Re-writes the client’s care plan at least once per year
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to sit, stand, bend and stoop for periods of time.
- Ability to exert up to 25 pounds of force occasionally.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to respond to emergency/crisis situations.
- Exposure to blood and/or body fluids.
The Nurse Supervisor will have a current Georgia Registered Nurse (RN) license; at least two years experience in the health care/home care field; at least one year experience in supervisory role; and at least one year experience working with older populations.
Must possess and demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as positive professional, business image. They will have knowledge of current methods of home management, the provision of personal care, the ability to supervise and coordinate the work of others, to evaluate situations and make decisions.
Must meet or exceed minimum qualifications for each of the following background checks: Criminal Background Investigation, Motor Vehicle Driving Record, Professional and Personal Reference Checks, and give permission to submit to random drug and alcohol testing. Must also have negative tuberculosis screening; be free of communicable diseases; have current certification in CPR and emergency first aide; have current driver’s license with valid automobile insurance.
Must have working knowledge of Rules and Regulations for Private Home Care Providers Chapter 290-5-54 and of the policies and procedures of the Community Care Services Program and any other program Comfort Keepers participates in.