Comfort Keepers Sarasota, FL
3619 Webber St.
Sarasota, Florida 34232
Medical Alert Necklace
No one wants to think about their loved one falling or having an emergency when he or she is home alone. With a medical alert necklace, it's like someone is always there. Whenever your loved one needs help, they can press a button and immediately connect with someone. There's always someone at the SafetyChoice Monitoring Station ready to take their calls. It's like having 24-hour home care.
Our trained representatives will talk with your loved one to assess the situation. Then, they'll get help. This can be a neighbor, a family member, or emergency responders. They'll stay on the line with your loved one until someone arrives to help.
How they work
Medical alert necklaces are light enough to wear, even at night. This is because there isn't much to them beyond the big button and battery. Every SafetyChoice alert device connects with a Personal Emergency Response System, or PERS.
The PERS is a small, tabletop box that connects to our Monitoring Station through a phone line. Most necklaces have a range of 200 feet, giving loved ones free reign in their own homes. If they live in a larger home or spend a lot of time outside, some models come with extended range.
With the press of the button on their pendant, a loud speakerphone activates on the PERS. This way, your family member doesn't need to be near the table station to speak to someone.
Build the Monitoring Solution Your Loved One Needs
Advanced PERS devices also connect to other monitoring systems, like fire alarms. Find the right PERS for your loved one’s needs, from simple systems to multi-device platforms.
Most stations come with an alert necklace, but some offer the option for a Medical Alert bracelet instead. The units available can vary by Comfort Keepers location, but here are a few of our most popular models:
Personal Emergency Response System G4000
An affordable medical alert option for seniors and their families
The SafetyChoice® Personal Emergency Response System G4000 is an affordable medical alert console that can preserve the independence of seniors while offering an immediate response in the first critical moments of an emergency with hands-free, two-way communication. It works with the auto fall sensor accessory.
The system operates with a rechargeable back-up battery in the event of a power failure. It also sends a warning signal for a low battery. Comfort Keepers®, and whomever you wish, will be notified of emergency alerts, and alert activity reports are made available to help keep health care providers informed.
- The built-in speakerphone allows hands-free, two-way voice communication within seconds after pendant is activated.
- Visual and audible alarm indicators are perfect for both hearing and visually impaired users.
- A rechargeable backup battery and warning signals for low battery power help make sure the system is always functioning.
- The lightweight, waterproof button on pendant is convenient and easy to use.
- Friendly, caring, well-trained professionals provide outstanding service when a user contacts the SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station.
- The system provides a transmission range of 200 feet, depending on structural variances.
Auto fall sensor
Sudden falls can have serious consequences, and not everyone can push a button after falling. Now with the SafetyChoice auto fall sensor, seniors at risk of falling can confidently preserve their independence knowing that help will be notified automatically and will respond to their immediate need even when they are unable to call for help.
The SafetyChoice auto fall sensor works with the SafetyChoice G4000 Personal Emergency Response System (PERS). The lightweight, easy-to-wear, water-resistant pendant contains a sensor designed to detect a rapid movement toward the ground or a sudden impact.
Personal Emergency Response System G2000
Features a recording function for personalized messages or reminders
This system is great for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, or other special needs who need the use of accessories, such as pressure mats or pillow switches. It is easily expandable as conditions change or more care and oversight of the senior are necessary.
With the simple push of a button on a wrist band or pendant, a caring, professionally trained representative at the SafetyChoice® Centralized Monitoring Station will answer the alert through the two-way, tabletop PERS console and respond to the call for help.
The SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station will then dispatch the appropriate help and stay on the phone until help arrives, whether an ambulance, neighbor, family, or friends.
For added safety and security, the SafetyChoice PERS G2000 can monitor up to 16 safety devices. These include motion detectors, window/door contacts, and pressure-sensitive floor mats that can provide home security or monitor people who wander. Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors also can be added to the PERS.
- This system is great for loved ones who need an interconnected medical alert and monitoring system, which could include pendants, pressure mats, and door and window sensors as well as smoke, carbon monoxide, and motion detectors.
- Family members can record up to eight reminder messages.
- Rechargeable backup batteries help keep the system running during a power outage.
- The emergency call button is always within reach on the lightweight, waterproof pendant and can be worn on the wrist or around the neck at all times, even in the shower.
- Friendly, professional representatives are on duty at the SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and stay on the line until help arrives.
- Visual and audible alarms make PERS G2000 ideal for hearing and visually impaired subscribers.
- The unit has an expected transmission range of 200 feet, depending on structural variances.
Personal Emergency Response System G1150
Offers flexible, protective care for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
This handy unit is great for helping to care for loved ones with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease who may wander or attempt activities that could endanger them. It supports zone-specific needs for floor mats, motion detectors, and window and door sensors.
- This system allows a combination of up to 24 monitors, such as pendants, pressure mats, motion detectors, and window and door sensors.
- Friendly, professional representatives at the SafetyChoice® Centralized Monitoring Station are on duty 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and stay on the line until help arrives.
- The G1150 has an expected transmission range of 200 feet, depending on structural variances.
- Zone alerts can be turned on or off to allow for different caregiver and family schedules.
- The system can be set to chime during day or alarm at night.
- The help button is wireless and waterproof and may be worn during showering or bathing.
Personal Emergency Response System LM5000 with 2-Way Voice Pendant
Perfect for active seniors, both inside and outdoors
The SafetyChoice® PERS LM5000 with 2-way voice pendant is great for active seniors looking for monitoring inside and outside of their homes. The pendant range offers security on the opposite side of the home, or in the driveway, or yard. The microphone and speaker in the pendant provide crisp, clear alerts in the palm of a hand.
The 2-way voice pendant is designed to offer security at the touch a button. Upon activation, a well-trained care representative will immediately answer the signal and stay on the line until help arrives.
- A smart choice for active seniors with larger homes, this unit provides extended 500-foot range and lifestyle flexibility.
- Users can choose to wear it as a pendant, bracelet, or belt clip.
- The help button is wireless and water resistant, and can be used outdoors within range of the console.
- The base unit has a rechargeable backup battery for use in the event of a power outage, and contains a separate compartment to charge a spare (included) pendant battery with four to six months of battery time.
- The rechargeable, water-resistant pendant offers six-plus months of battery time.
- The blue emergency button is easily visible in case of emergency.
- A system test button on back of unit makes it easy to confirm proper functioning.
Personal Emergency Response System Libris1
Keeping Active Seniors on the Go
With Comfort Keepers® SafetyChoice® Mobile Personal Emergency Response System (PERS), active seniors no longer need to stick close to home to feel safe and secure. This PERS unit is equipped with GPS tracking and locating, providing the wearer with safety monitoring from virtually anywhere via cellular networks.
The device’s adaptive, multi-sensor fall detection automatically contacts the monitoring center in the event of a fall, so help is available whenever and wherever it is needed. Adaptable and portable, Comfort Keepers SafetyChoice Mobile PERS gives seniors the freedom they want with the safety they need.
SafetyChoice Mobile PERS Features:
- The Mobile PERS (Libris1 model) offers easy-to-use, single-button operation and hands-free, two-way communication.
- The unit is equipped with adaptive, multi-sensor fall detection technology.
- The PERS offers an immediate connection to the monitoring center, so assistance is available anytime and anywhere.
- The unit provides reliable, nationwide coverage to keep wearers on the go.
- The Mobile PERS can be worn around the neck or can be clipped onto a belt.
Cellular Personal Emergency Response System (GSM PERS)
A convenient, cellular-based medical alert system
The GSM SafetyChoice® Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) helps preserve the independence of seniors while offering an immediate response in the first critical moments of an emergency with hands-free, two-way communication over a cellular network.
With the simple push of a button, a kind and well-trained care representative at our SafetyChoice Centralized Monitoring Station will immediately answer the call and stay on the phone until help arrives, whether it is an ambulance, family member, friend, or neighbor.
- This is a smart option for those who do not have a traditional phone landline.
- It features a slim, attractive, lightweight design.
- The system offers a transmission range of 200 feet depending on structural variances.
- The alert activator is available as either a necklace or bracelet.
- The help button is wireless and waterproof and may be worn while showering or bathing.
Home Safety Assessment
Comfort Keepers can provide an in-home assessment to evaluate your safety needs and recommend the right medical alert products. Comfort Keepers will visit the home, work with the family to determine the specific needs, and demonstrate how these home medical alert devices can help seniors stay safe and independent at home.