Warning Signs Your Parent May Need Home Care Services
Learn key indicators for determining if your loved one in the Sacramento area needs assistance and home care services are the right fit.
The effects of aging can creep up on your parents and other loved ones slowly, making it difficult to notice the symptoms that they may require home care services. Some warning signs include constant trips to the bathroom, unexpected weight loss, and a failure to remember things. If these signs are prevalent in your parents or loved ones, you must act before it becomes too late. They will likely reassure you that nothing is wrong, even if they are having difficulty accomplishing everyday chores in the way they used to.
Any person (especially a parent) may find it tough to admit when they require a little assistance. Consequently, you must keep an eye out for signals that your parents may want service before a minor condition worsens into a more significant health catastrophe.
Ten Indicators Your Loved One May Need Home Care Services
- Altering eating patterns, which may result in weight reduction, decreased appetite, or missed meals
- Disregarding one's hygiene, which includes clothes, body odor, oral health, nails, and skincare
- Limited home care, as evidenced by a notable decline in cleanliness and/or sanitation
- Exhibiting improper behavior, such as being excessively loud, quiet, anxious, or agitated, or making phone calls at strange hours
- Relationship patterns are shifting, causing friends and neighbors to express concern.
- Bruises, for example, may have resulted from general weakness, forgetfulness, or the overuse of alcohol or medication.
- Reducing or discontinuing involvement in activities that were once enjoyable, such as book club, eating with friends, or attending religious services.
- As a result of forgetfulness, unopened mail, newspaper stacks, unfilled medications, and missed appointments are common occurrences.
- Not paying bills on time or paying them more than once and losing or hiding money are examples of poor financial management.
- Making odd purchases, such as acquiring more than one membership to the same newspaper, entering an unusually high number of sweepstakes, or increasing purchases due to television commercials.
Comfort Keepers in Sacramento, CA is here to assist you and your family through every step of the process! Our objective is to provide customers with individualized care that allows them to enjoy their time while also improving their quality of life.
To learn more about our senior care services, please contact us now!