Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction
Comfort Keepers Venice provides custom living assistance services and plans
At Comfort Keepers Venice, we understand how important it is for seniors and older adults to remain independently in the comfort of their own homes. In order for them to remain in their home, it has to be a safe place for them to live. That is why we offer a wide range of living assistance services to fit the unique needs of all our clients and their families including Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction. With our living assistance, our Comfort Keepers work with the client to keep them engaged in every step of their care plan.
When your loved one lives at home by themselves, as they get older there is always the fear that they may fall or injury themselves when no one else is home. Comfort Keepers Venice can help eliminate this fear with our living assistance services. The first step of our care is to perform an In-Home Consultation and have a care manager come to the home and review their living situation. During this consultation the case manager will review your loved one’s home and look for any tripping hazards or cluttered walkways and also ensure that their home is safe for them to live in. By creating a safer living environment, we prevent falls and tripping hazards which eliminates the biggest impediment for seniors who want to remain in their homes. Comfort Keepers is one of the first home care agencies to offer the specialized Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction services. This program will allow them to remain safer and more secure in their home while also improving their confidence and overall well-being.
Some of the services that are included:
- Reviewing the home for potential fall risks
- Activities to prevent falls
- Implementation of home modifications such as: grab bars, hand rails, bath/tub changes, flooring updates
- Assist with appropriate exercises: walks, stretching and other appropriate exercises
- To encourage proper nutrition and hydration
- Mobility assistance around the house
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS) provides Around The Clock Monitoring Center and On-Call Emergency Service
- Assist with follow up exercises set up by physical and occupational therapists
- All Physical Therapy programs are prescribed by your doctor and implemented by Medicare Home Care Agencies
- We can provide referrals to organizations that can evaluate your balance issues
If you or a loved one can benefit from Balance Care & Fall Risk Reduction or any of our other senior care services, please Contact Us or give us a call at (941) 484-3284.
Comfort Keepers Venice provides in home care services in the following cities and neighborhoods in Florida:
Englewood, Harbour Heights, Laurel, Manasota Key, Nokomis, North Port, Osprey, Pirate Harbour, South Gulf Cove, South Venice, Venice, Venice Beach