Local Community Organizations for Seniors
These local organizations help us provide for assisted living Edmond OK
Comfort Keepers serves the local community by providing for assisted living Edmond OK. We understand that seniors do not want to lose their independence as they get older, and we are there to help them right from the comfort of their homes. From household chores to meal planning to everyday tasks, a member of our professional staff is there to be a companion to your loved one.
We believe that engaging actively with the local community is a great way to raise a senior’s quality of life. Caregivers who provide for assisted living Edmond OK and the surrounding areas can work with the following local organizations:
- Edmond Senior Center - Seniors can get involved with their community at the Edmond Senior Center recreational facility. The staff as well as volunteers are dedicated to helping seniors grow personally and assist with adult-education programs, fitness classes, monthly activities such as Pink Elephant Bingo, and meetings between seniors and law enforcement to address senior safety concerns.
- Edmond YMCA - YMCA of Edmond offers a variety of opportunities and activities seniors can partake in, including exercise, wellness programs, community service, day trips, meals, health fairs, screenings and special interest classes. Focuses include healthy living and social responsibility regardless of age, income, or background.
- Arcadia Round Barn - The Arcadia Round Barn is a unique American landmark and tourist attraction on historic U.S. Route 66. It was originally designed and built by William H. Odor in 1898 for livestock and hay storage, but its second floor intended for dances made the barn a gathering place for the community.
- Arcadia Lake - Arcadia Lake, located on the Deep Fork River, was constructed by the City of Edmond and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and opened in 1987. It provides water for Edmond, a wildlife habitat, and recreational/educational opportunities for your family. Activities at Arcadia Lake include fishing, picnicking, camping, swimming, water skiing, boating, and disc golf. There are trails for hiking, biking, and horse riding.
- Edmond Historical Society & Museum - Built in 1936 by the WPA, the Edmond Historical Society Museum is housed in a former Armory of the Oklahoma National Guard. The permanent exhibits are focused on highlighting the history of the Native People before statehood, the construction of the railroad in 1886, as well as agriculture and life on the Plains in the late 1800’s.
If you’d like to learn more about our senior care services, assisted living Edmond OK, or the organizations we promote, please Contact Us at our site or call (405) 200-1156.