As the summer season comes to a close, we should take advantage of the sunshine while we can. Elderly people who have a hard time facing the snowy months in northern communities should use these last summer weeks to try some fun summer activities. Here are some ideas:
- Created a potted plant garden. Flowers can brighten up any area. If you have a porch or outdoor area, consider creating a potted plant garden.
- Become a birdwatcher. This can be a fascinating activity. Local bookstores have plenty of books that can help you distinguish different varieties of local birds.
- Go get some ice cream. The outdoor ice cream shops will need to close soon. Go satisfy that sweet tooth craving before it’s too late.
- Volunteer at a local community or church event. During the summer, many churches and community organizations host kid and family event. And they’re usually desperate for volunteers. Go and help out with a craft or man a booth.
- Go golfing with the grandkids. If you have grandkids, they may enjoy a trip to the golf course with you. It’s a great game to play as a group!
- Go to an outdoor concert. Many communities host small outdoor concerts in the summer evenings.