Making A Difference As A Home Caregiver In Columbus, OH
See the important role a home caregiver can have in a family
Columbus is the biggest metropolis in the great state of Ohio, and it's the nation's fifteenth largest city. AARP (formally American Association of Retired Persons) has selected Columbus as one of the top ten places to retire in the US. At the last census, the total population here was around 835,950, and 11 percent of this number are seniors. The rapidly aging population is set to explode in the coming years as more baby boomers turn 65. So how would you like to make a difference in your local community as a home caregiver? It's a job where you get to help older folks age with dignity and independence in their homes. Consider a career with Comfort Keepers of Columbus, OH. It could your perfect job.
The Role Of A Comfort Keeper Home Caregiver
There's going to be an estimated 83,000,000 seniors by the year 2050. This means they'll be a huge increase in the over-65s in all of America's major town and cities, including Columbus, Ohio. Not every senior will need in-home care to get by with daily living, and not everyone needs the same level of assistance. Yet there will be plenty who do need help, at some level, up to 69% in fact.
Here's how caregiving can make a real difference in the lives of those they help:
- Provide invaluable support and encouragement to the care recipient
- Make sure the home environment is a safe and secure place
- Offer genuine companionship
- Promote physical activity and mental stimulation via our Interactive Caregiving approach
- Help the client to retain some level of independence by living at home
- Administer and manage medications as a home caregiver (depending on qualifications)
- Assisting with meals, meal prep and special diets
- Coordinate medical appointments
- Help to manage and alleviate symptoms and side effects
- Help with light household chores
- Provide transportation to and from appointments
- Take care of insurance and various billing issues
- Peace of mind for the dependents and their families because of the above
Every case is unique and it's why we take great care to tailor each home caregiver to the care recipient's specific needs. The work can be extremely hard on occasions, but it's also immensely rewarding for the right person. There are all kinds of caregivers, caregiving roles and obligations. Some live in with the clients, others share responsibilities, and a few even provide care from a distance.
If you feel you could contribute and make a real difference as a home caregiver in your community, then please contact us. Call Comfort Keepers of Columbus of Ohio at (614) 699-6786. We can arrange a free in-home care consultation with you and explore all your options.
Comfort Keepers of Columbus, OH proudly provides services to seniors in the following communities throughout Delaware County, Fairfield County, Franklin County, Licking County, Marion County & Union County:
Bexley, Blacklick, Columbus, Delaware, Dublin, Flint, Gahanna, Galena, Granville, Johnstown, Lewis Center, Marion, Marysville, New Albany, Pataskala, Pickerington, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Sunbury, Upper Arlington, Waldo, Westerville, Whitehall, and Worthington