Private Duty Nursing in Columbus, OH and the Surrounding Areas in Central Ohio
We provide the next level of private duty nursing for your loved at home and reduce your daily worry.
Sometimes a family caregiver or home health aide just cannot meet the increasing medical needs of a loved one. Comfort Keepers of Columbus, OH can help with private duty nursing. Our specially trained private duty nurses provide the level of care a loved one needs to stay safely at home rather than in a nursing facility or hospital. Our highly-qualified, specially trained nurses are there to assist you with for a few hours a day or around the clock, as needed.
By keeping your loved one in their home with our private duty nursing, we are able to ensure your loved one's comfort and safety in the place they love.
What is Private Duty Nursing?
In contrast to Comfort Keepers' traditional in-home care services, this type of nursing provides one-on-one medical care to an individual in the home or in a facility. Private duty nurses provide the higher level of in home health care while working in tandem with the caregiver who is providing companion-homemaker services along with personal care services. Our goal is to provide the customized care needed by a client, all from one agency.
How Comfort Keepers Can Help with Private Duty Nursing in Columbus, OH
Our skilled home health licensed practical nurses (LPNs) and registered nurses (RNs) can perform many medical tasks such as the following:
- setting up medications in weekly pill boxes or automatic medication dispensing machines to help ensure medications are administered appropriately
- administering medications, such as oral and topical medications, eye and eardrops, injections, nebulizers, inhalants, and oxygen
- providing personal medical care, including nail trimming, oral cavity suctioning, and bowel supervision
- filling insulin syringes, interpreting blood sugar results and physician-ordered sliding scale dosages, and drawing up and/or mixing insulin for future injections
- maintaining ostomy and catheter hygiene
- care training for family members
Comfort Keepers’ private duty nurses are available to assist clients with regularly scheduled private duty nursing visits or hourly in home health care for extended shifts, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We work closely with the client’s medical team and family to provide extended support.
Comfort Keepers of Columbus, OH proudly provides services to seniors in the following communities throughout Delaware County, Fairfield County, Franklin County, Licking County, Marion County & Union County:
Bexley, Blacklick, Columbus, Delaware, Dublin, Flint, Gahanna, Galena, Granville, Johnstown, Lewis Center, Marion, Marysville, New Albany, Pataskala, Pickerington, Powell, Reynoldsburg, Sunbury, Upper Arlington, Waldo, Westerville, Whitehall, and Worthington